19 October 2005

Express January to June 2005



I'm on my third job for 2005. Hmm, not good. Sounds a lot like a Gemini. I'm doing Administrative work but I started the year as a Recruitment Associate in the Human Resources Department of a call center. It was fun because it was only 6kms. from home (7 kms. after 10pm) but very frustrating (death by stats and changing start dates). One of my fondest memories of that company was our English campaign. Check out one notice from the office.

By March I decided that I wanted to do something different for the summer so I became a Venue Coordinator/Instructor for the Bert Lozada Swim School. What a change of pace and scenery. For starters, we had to time in at 7:30am. They say you have to do something for 21 days before it becomes a habit. The transition from call center hours (anything goes as long as you work eight hours a day) to swimming school hours was a challenge. Mondays were the worst since I couldn't even bring myself to get up at 7:30am on my day off (Sundays). Next, my office was at the pool deck right beside the swimming pool. Talk about trying to choose an outfit that would give you nice tan lines and look professional, too. There was a day when I got into trouble with my boss because I had the same outfit as the Venue Coordinator of the "rival" swimming school. Think B1 and B2 (Bananas in Pajamas, not vitamins). Then my lunchbreak was from 11:30am to 2:30pm since it was too hot to stay at my desk during that time of day. One of the craziest things about the job was the need to go from coodinator to instructor and vice-versa for successive classes. My take-home value though was, without a doubt, the learning passed on in a fun way to our students of six months to 60+ years old.

In June I decided to try out this corporate job in the province. It's 15 kms. from home but it has its perks: I get to go out of town on weekdays (domestic jetsetter) and malling before I go home. You could say that the latter is therapeutic. I get a kick out of it. Oh, the office work is exciting as well. Let's all just cross our fingers in the hopes that I'm still here a year or more from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home