14 August 2006

Headless Chicken testimonial

Being someone’s assistant could be compared to selling your soul to the devil, never having a dull moment, or accepting the fact that life as you know it will change forever. In the words of Mrs. Wilson (Helen Mirren) from Gosford Park, “I am the perfect servant; I have no life.”

Here is a snippet from the Day-In-The-Life entry of Lorraine, assistant to Neil Gaiman (http://www.lorraineamalena.blogspot.com/)

…Being a Personal Assistant is like shooting from the hip.
You have to be fast, you have to be ready.
If it goes wrong, oh, and it will, you will take the blame.
If it goes right, that's good because that's how it should be.
I, however, know that I am appreciated.
My Boss has the sweetest temper going, and is one of the kindest people I have ever met.
I know everything I do is really really important.
He has told me so, many times.

I lay in my bed, wishing I had got everything I wanted to done, and run over my various affirmations for the day tomorrow.
I will get my e-mail under 500.
I will get tomatoes staked.
I will be friendly, funny, and try and get to the gym.

Then two very very truthful, simple and profound things occur to me and I smile.

I so love my job.

And....

Thank the Gods that I am not as busy as my Boss.

Yes, I so can relate ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

halo sister. im sorry about the [massively] delayed response. school started and well.. apparently people still have nothing better in their lives to than to blow up mine. nyak nyak nyak. just swimming in the self-pity pool. its aunt flow time next week anyway. i have an excuse for the over dramaticness. =]

updates on crap first week of my last year in high school comming soon. its a 5-part series. keep an eye out.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home