11 July 2006

Snippets

My American Pop Culture fix of late has been www.danecook.com. It’s the website of an R-rated Seinfeld-esque comic who has reduced me to a giggling schoolgirl at my work station in the middle of the day. Check out videos of his routines and you will see what I mean.

The song lyrics in my head at the moment are from Yahweh by U2:
“Take this mouth
So quick to criticize
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss…”

The latest addition to my Stephen King intake is The Pop of King in Entertainment Weekly. Trust me, he can write a lot more than just horror and fantasy.

The coolest surprise I’ve received this year to date is news that my cousin-in-law in Hawaii, USA and my cousin in California, USA are pregnant. It’s time to renew my US visa and pay them a visit come 2007.

Two life altering books I’ve immersed myself in recently:
1. Bono: in conversation with Michka Assayas (best read while listening to U2)
2. Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
In a weird way, I feel my age since I’m reading and enjoying biographies.

I tried solving a crossword puzzle about Hollywood last month and I’m ashamed to say that I only got 23 correct answers out of 85 numbers, ack! Must improve / redeem myself!

A thought stimulating conversation over Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters:
Sister A: If you could end up with a Mythbuster, who would it be? Adam or Jaime?
Sister B: (Deep internal analysis) Jaime, if he shaved his moustache.

My favorite challenge for my sister is to choose between someone or Johnny Depp.
Guess who always wins?
More often than not without batting an eyelash?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home