21 March 2007

Wanted: Spartan :D




I honestly had no intention of catching 300 in the theaters. What, a war movie? Based on a graphic novel? By the maker of Sin City? No thanks! I've never seen Saving Private Ryan, Flags of our fathers, or Letters from Iwa Jima. I also haven't seen majority of Black Hawk Down or Band of Brothers. I caught Sin City though and probably lived through it because it was shown in black and white, but I'm so not into blood and gore (fiction or historical). Then Carla said two words that challenged my principles: David Wenham .

Yup, I HEART Faramir from LOTR who was cast as Dilios, narrator of the tale, so now I was torn. With that knowledge and a brief glimpse of the making of the movie (There's no bottomless pit, just a lower level with cardboard boxes to comfortably fall on), I went to the theater with Calai...

Wow, I NEED to see this film again. It is an art film, beautiful. You MUST catch it while it's still on the big screen. Really not the same on DVD.

Of course, I'd love to have my own Dilios, too (pre-battle) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home