19 November 2005

Post-Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

So I left my office at 6:00pm on the dot last 16 Nov 2005 to make it to the mall early enough to freshen up, grab a quick dinner, and start my vigil in front of the cinema for the 9:30pm Harry Potter showing. Alas, traffic was HELL on ALL roads to the mall, inconceivable! I ended up parking my car at a hotel that was maybe a kilometer or more from the mall and WALKED to the mall with my bag, my chips (Jack & Jill Chiz Curls) , and a book (The Dark Tower V by Stephen King).

I forget how long that trek took but I managed to reach the mall, enjoy a cigarette (or two), claim a free drink at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (filled up my drink card), do office errands, freshen up, and start my vigil in front of the cinema (at around 8:15pm). Am I a fan, or what? Incidentally, the book was for the pre-movie wait while the chips were for the movie proper. I had a good place in line (ground level with the cinema instead of at the bottom of the steps or, even worse, outside the mall entrance). Note to selves: Must take a photo of a winding movie line sometime.

The cinema opened its doors at 9:00pm and I'm pleased to say that I was able to get good seats (I watched with my sis in center seats #16-17, seventh row from the back...highly recommended). Well, I wanted us to be comfortable since the movie was said to be 157 minutes long.

Post-movie thoughts:

I cannot believe that the movie made me cry.
It's not like I didn't know what was going to happen.
I guess the audio-visual treat that it was just moved me.
I can't wait to watch it again (and, maybe, again?)
I therefore conclude that Daniel Radcliffe is a much better actor than...
Orlando Bloom
and probably a plethora of Filipino actors ;)
Hahaha!
Happy weekend, keep smiling and God bless!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

h.p.g.o.f. rocked! loved the pace -- was wondering how they were going to fit the whole book.

goblet of fire is the best harry potter book. ever!

6:49 PM  
Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

IVE SEEN IT THREE TIMES!!!! ^_^ bwahahahah.. and dont worry. ive cried every singLe time.. even if i absolutely knew it was comming up. its was just a bawLing moment i cant hoLd back. =P

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home