24 October 2005

Halloween is just around the corner



I want to go around the corner now! In less than a week, it'll be Halloween 2005, yahooey! It's not just an ordinary day in our family, it's an event...a tradition...a much anticipated thing. I don't understand the malice or stigma some people attach to this day because it could be such a wonderful part of your life. Regardless of where we are at the end of October (the South, the beach, Hawaii, California, etc.), my sisters and I enjoy getting dressed up on Halloween, going around the village, and counting how much candy we got when we arrive home. I remember when a Church group from Ayala Alabang Village (AAV) slammed Halloween last century and said that people should dress up as characters from the Bible. My sisters and I thought of dressing up as Satan and his minions ;) Well, if we had kids at the time they would be the minions. Seriously though it's a good time to bond with your children: find out what their interests are (dressing up as a Star Wars character or as Ms. Philippines), hang out with friends: come in your most creative costume, and make new friends (trick or treat). I don't think I'll be in costume this year but I hope that we get to go around town. The photos above are of my sister and me at a dress-up-your-mask party in Makati (2003) and of a home in AAV that annually goes all out for us passers-by. Wherever you will be this 31st, enjoy a Happy Halloween in the company of family and friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

aww! this makes me wanna post my halloween pix!!!! ^_^

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home