25 October 2005

Brunch Buffet




My dear friend, Ellenini (real name withheld for security reasons), celebrated her birthday last 19 October. She invited our group to brunch at her home on the following Sunday. 9ish. Of course, 90% of us arrived after 9am but stayed on until way past 1pm. Have you ever experienced a hotel breakfast buffet? Well, that was our morning at Ellenini's home. Coffee, milk, cranberry juice, orange juice, tapa (how do you translate?), bacon, eggs, spaghetti, pan de sal, croissants, lemon squares, chocolate cake, decadent chocolate cake, fresh fruits, crepes, ice cream...everything except cereal, I guess. I had to surrender before I could try out every dish. I did go back for seconds and thirds though then resigned myself to excessive glasses of milk and juice. I've attached some images of the event but I apparently did not take into consideration the amount of light indoors, oops. Anyway, nothing beats starting out the day with a good meal and great conversation. I also think that spread will be the benchmark for future breakfast buffet adventures.

1 Comments:

Blogger C said...

The tapa was sooooo good.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home