05 April 2006

The songs of 1992

I checked out www.musicoutfitters.com, recommended by Calai, to view the Top 100 Songs of 1992 (the year I graduated from High School). I actually thought it was a good year for music until I went through this list. It's probably just because I'm more into New Wave, Glam Rock and Alternative Music. I also think that there were a lot of good artists who just didn't have great hits that year. Anyway, see if any of these ring a bell or bring back (haunting) memories ;)

1. End of the Road (Boyz II Men) --- A Batch 1993 Graduation song favorite
2. Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-A-Lot) --- A hot summer beach song
3. Jump (Kris Kross) --- Infectious to a fault
4. Save The Best For Last (Vanessa Williams) --- The best friend's mantra
5. Baby-Baby-Baby (TLC) --- Lounging music
6. Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton) --- Won Song of the Year at the Grammys?
7. My Lovin'...You're Never Gonna Get It (En Vogue) --- Wow, En Vogue revamped
8. Under The Bridge (Red Hot Chilli Peppers) --- Classic
9. All 4 Love (Color Me Badd) --- Catchy
10. Just Another Day (Jon Secada) --- Power vocals and a different kind of music video
11. I Love Your Smile (Shanice) --- Young and bubbly
12. To Be With You (Mr. Big) --- A favorite jamming session song
13. I'm Too Sexy (Right Said Fred) --- Nuts but got good air play
14. Black Or White (Michael Jackson) --- I couldn't understand half the song
15. Achy Breaky Heart (Billy Ray Cyrus) --- Song of the Year according to my Dad :)
16. I'll Be There (Mariah Carey) --- Bring back the old Mariah ;)
17. November Rain (Guns N' Roses) --- Such a LONG song and music video
18. Life Is A Highway (Tom Cochrane) --- Good driving music
19. Remember The Time (Michael Jackson) --- Fun music video
20. Finally (CeCe Peniston) --- The song of former NBSBs (No Boyfriend Since Birth)
21. This Used To Be My Playground (Madonna) --- So serious
22. Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (Patty Smyth) --- Sniffle
23. Can't Let Go (Mariah Carey) --- Can't recall this one
24. Jump Around (House of Pain) --- Or this one
25. Diamonds and Pearls (Prince and The N.P.G) --- What was he thinking?
26. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (George Michael and Elton John) --- Strange duo
27. Masterpiece (Atlantic Starr) --- Nothing great but I actually still remember it, haha!
28. If You Asked Me To (Celine Dion) --- Ah, the silent prayer of probably a lot of women
29. Giving Him Something He Can Feel (En Vogue) --- Hmmm, a lot of R&B this year
30. Live And Learn (Joe Public) --- Or forget?
31. Come And Talk To Me (Jodeci) --- I'm sure that I listened to this one...
32. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) --- My introduction to grunge and a cool album
33. Humpin' Around (Bobby Brown) --- He lost me at New Edition
34. Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover (Sophie B. Hawkins) --- Great song, scary music video
35. Tell Me What You Want Me To Do (Teven Campbell) --- How old was he then?
36. Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg (TLC) --- Standard TLC
37. It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday (Boyz II Men) --- Top 2 '93 Grad Song :P
38. Move This (Techtronic) --- I vaguely remember this
39. Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) --- Wayne's World ;)
40. Tennessee (Arrested Development) --- Almost got some corn braids due to this
41. The Best Things In Life Are Free (Luther Vandross and Janet Jackson) --- Happy/Joy
42. Make It Happen (Mariah Carey) --- House cleaning dance music #64
43. The One (Elton John) --- Can't remember how this goes...
44. Set Adrift On Memory Bliss (P.M. Dawn) --- I want to go to the beach NOW
45. Stay (Shakespeare's Sister) --- I think I liked this one then
46. 2 Legit 2 Quit (Hammer) --- He's still MC Hammer to me
47. Please Don't Go (K.W.S.) --- I might know this one...
48. Breakin' My Heart...Pretty Brown Eyes (Mint Condition) --- And maybe this one...
49. Wishing On A Star (Cover Girls) --- Where are they now?
50. She's Playing Hard To Get (Hi-Five) --- Overplayed on the radio
51. I'd Die Without You (P.M. Dawn) --- Reminded me of their other song minus the beach
52. Good For Me (Amy Grant) --- I like AG but this forgettable
53. All I Want (Toad The Wet Sprocket) --- A new era of barefoot musical geniuses
54. When A Man Loves A Woman (Michael Bolton) --- A movie I've never seen
55. I Can't Dance (Genesis) --- You gotta admit they must've had fun making the music video
56. Hazard (Richard Marx) --- This really clicked over here
57. Mysterious Ways (U2) --- Re-invention is healthy for us fans
58. Too Funky (George Michael) --- So it's George Michael...
59. How Do You Talk To An Angel (Heights) --- Ok song, a mediocre show
60. One (U2) --- Every music video for this was mind blowing
61. Keep On Walkin' (CeCe Peniston) --- I must've because it doesn't ring a bell
62. Hold On My Heart (Genesis) --- Ah, Mr. Collins, hitting me where it hurts
63. The Way I Feel About You (Karyn White) --- No, nothing comes to mind
64. Beauty And The Beast (Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson) --- LSS (Last Song Syndrome)
65. Warm It Up (Kriss Kross) --- I think I developed selective memory after Jump
66. In The Closet (Michael Jackson) --- Nice sepia video
67. People Everyday (Arrested Development) --- Can I buy a letter?
68. No Son Of Mine (Genesis) --- This reminds me of the Tarzan soundtrack
69. Wildside (Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch) --- A steady song
70. Do I Have To Say The Words? (Bryan Adams) --- Not one of his best
71. Friday I'm In Love (The Cure) --- I love The Cure but now the songs all sound the same
72. Everything About You (Ugly Kid Joe) --- Witty
73. Blowing Kisses In The Wind (Paula Abdul) --- Nothing beats Rush, Rush
74. Thought I'd Died And Gone To Heaven (Bryan Adams) --- Not a good pick-up line
75. Rhythm Is A Dancer (Snap) --- Possible house cleaning music
76. Addams Groove (Hammer) --- I miss Raul Julia
77. Missing You Now (Michael Bolton) --- I don't think that I miss this song
78. Back To The Hotel (N2Deep) --- Am clueless about this one
79. Everything Changes (Kathy Troccoli) --- Trippy song but so Jerry Maguire
80. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad (Def Leppard) --- The glam rock continues
81. Take This Heart (Richard Marx) --- Could you play the first three chords, please?
82. When I Look Into Your Eyes (Firehouse) --- It was all downhill from here
83. I Wanna Love You (Jade) --- I know Sade but who is Jade?
84. Uhh Ahh (Boyz II Men) --- Uhmmm...
85. Real Love (Mary J. Blige) --- I still don't like her version of One with U2
86. Justified and Ancient (The KLF) --- I'll know it when I hear it?
87. Slow Motion (Color Me Badd) --- I'm lost
88. What About Your Friends (TLC) --- Ho-hum
89. Thinkin' Back (Color Me Badd) --- Really lost now: Obviously, I don't have a CMB CD
90. Would I Lie To You? (Charles and Eddie) --- The cheating man's anthem
91. That's What Love Is For (Amy Grant) --- Belongs to the finale of a high school play
92. Keep Coming Back (Richard Marx) --- A style that doesn't suit Richard Marx's hairdo
93. Free Your Mind (En Vogue) --- A real girl power tune
94. Keep It Comin' (Keith Sweat) --- No idea
95. Just Take My Heart (Mr. Big) --- Ack, the pain...
96. I Will Remember You (Amy Grant) --- Am trying to sing it in my head and I can't
97. We Got A Love Thang (CeCe Peniston) --- Her hair bothered me by this song
98. Let's Get Rocked (Def Leppard) --- The heavy drinkers party song
99. They Want EFX (Das EFX) --- I must have been in the restroom when this came out
100. I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt) --- Go Deanna Johnston? (Rock Star INXS)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home