10 November 2006

Sein-ing off

I caught the third to the last episode of the Seinfeld series on Star World last Tuesday night. Aside from the expected laughs, it brought a foreboding sense of the end of an era. By Saturday, my life will not revolve around the 7:00am, 7:30pm or 11:00pm Seinfeld schedule on Mondays to Fridays. I could sleep at 10:00pm on weekdays. Dinners with family and friends can go on until past 10:30pm or 10:45pm (depending on my distance from a cable TV or my home). Drives to and from the mall/gym/work/home will be more pleasant (no more anxiety from the impending traffic that will affect my chance to get home in time for the start of the show). No more looking at the car clock radio when it reads 7:25pm, emphasizing that I have about 10 minutes (it’s five minutes ahead) to cross the gauntlet called Aguirre Avenue, park the car and set the TV (which skips channels when changed manually, but doesn’t have a remote control as of this writing) to channel 35 (AAAAAHHHHH!). Yes, life will go back to normal soon. The question is, “Am I really looking forward to my post-Seinfeld world?” Best not to think about it right now…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home