29 November 2005

Driving travails 2

So I was driving home from work last Thursday and I thought of more travails...
1. You're wasting my gas.
Don't you abhor that car (or row of cars) in front of you that run at 20kph-40kph even if there is no one in front of them? Maybe it's just me but it really takes its toll on my gas tank when I'm stuck behind a vehicle like that. The worst ones are those on the fast lane of the highway :P
2. Please use your turn signals because I am not a mind-reader.
World peace could probably be achieved if people were considerate enough to use their turn signals when driving. How many near accidents have you had because the car in front of you decided to turn left or right without giving you notice? How hard is it to flick your turn signal on? It's easier than trying to parallel park, hang on an incline, or talk on your phone while driving.
3. Being at the front of the line at the intersection stoplight comes with great responsibility.
This is excruciating for me. I get the feeling that people at the start of the line at an intersection stoplight have to be 101% alert to the light changes. Slow reflexes at the point that the light turns green leads to a backlog and missed opportunity for the rest of us. I don't know about you but if I'm at the front of the line, I am conscious of the yellow light before my lane gets the green one. I'm also in gear before it turns green. Maybe I'm just OC ;)

Anyway, that is hopefully all I will have to say on the subject. Drive safely!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you're not one of those drivers who BEEP - the moment the stoplight turns green -- like the split-second it turns green :)

nice post biancx -- hehehehehehe!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Bianx said...

Now that I think about it, I beep my horn after 2-5 seconds. Depending on how near I am to the intersection. Usually if I'm a car or two behind the lead car. If not, I sing WHY GOD from Ms. Saigon in my car ;)

11:33 AM  
Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

bwahahah. this is why im NEVER going to drive. [pLus the fact that the parentaL unitz wont aLLow it] i am forver going to depend on others and their gas. =]

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home