04 December 2005

Immortality...Take it...It's yours!

I read on Neil Gaiman's blog that there would be an Ebay auction to become a character in upcoming novels of some prominent authors. I was green with envy upon knowing that one of them would be CELL, a novel by Stephen King. The description was a female who was going to die at the hands of people who became zombies because of cellphone signals. Since the auction was in US dollars, and I don't earn in that currency, it was a lost cause.

My dear friend, Nini, though sent me a text message of what could've been the excerpt from the book, "...the zombies closed in. And hapless B is attacked, while lounging in the jacuzzi of her mediterranean home."

I told that maybe my character should be more pro-active so she edited her text message to read, "She lashes at them with her champagne bottle. Her screams of courage echo as she goes down fighting."

Ah well, I'll just have to read about the lucky chick who shelled out more than US$25K for her name to be immortalized in a 2006 Stephen King novel, sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger me? suplada? never. =] said...

o...my... thats ALOT of money......

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home