11 July 2006

My Summer 2006 in the blink of an eye

Wow, it seemed like I just took a quick breath and it’s already July 2006. Pardon the long pause, it’s called the Office Firewall. My challenge since we migrated network has been to find websites that appeal to my EQ and can get through the darn Access Denied display. Goodbye yahoo, msn, cnn, cbs, blogspot and so much more, grrr! Thank goodness for Entertainment Weekly (general information), the Leaky Cauldron (Everything Harry Potter), curlio.com (Rock Star and American Idol updates) and csifiles.com (My CSI Vegas/Miami/NY fix) to name a few. I also snicker at the fact that others such as stephenking.com, brucespringsteen.net, neilgaiman.com, megcabot.com and martycasey.org make it through by the skin of their teeth (limited access). Well, I’ve accepted my faith for this is all in the name of office network security.

April 2006 was a headless chicken month since we had a number of visitors from our international offices plus we had to prepare documents for the mid-year international travel of our local executives. I don’t think I got to touch a book that month. On the family front, we did join a Country Club so my sisters and I worked on our tan almost seven days a week that month.

May 2006 started out with a road trip for Lulu, family and me :) We celebrated our Mum’s birthday weekend in Tali, Batangas. It was a nice drive down south and we just spent each day under the sun and each night under the stars. Well, we slept in our bedrooms, haha. I can’t believe I survived two whole days without television. The sad part of the trip was that it was the first time we left Maximus, the destroyer / family dog, at home with the household help. He didn’t take it too well since he slept at 1:00am of Saturday morning, ate his Friday breakfast on Saturday afternoon and wouldn’t leave our side when we got back home on Sunday afternoon. I also got to be an Assistant Party Host for an afternoon that month. It was a very fulfilling experience and I gotta give props to these hosts for it’s an insane job.

June 2006 ushered in my last year on the calendar. I celebrated my special day indulging in bowling and buffet with family and friends. After four (4) games, my highest score was still below 100 so I know bowling’s not my sport. The actual birthday was spent doing errands for the home (brought Max to the vet) and the office (bought the month’s pantry supplies). It’s also the anniversary of my employment in my present office, yay! The rainy season also made its entrance so my swimming schedule has been slightly disrupted.

Anyway, its July now and I can’t believe we’re halfway through with this year. Nonetheless, I’m excited for what’s coming around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home