10 November 2006

My Php200 didn’t fail me

Our family tries its best to support the Philippine Idol franchise by tuning in every week. We enjoyed the Sunday 9:00pm one and a half audition shows. We felt they had the charm of the American Idol franchise. Next we did our best to catch the Saturday 9:00pm performance shows, vote on Saturday night or Sunday morning, and then watch the Sunday 9:00pm elimination shows. Our favorites are Ramirr, Pow, Mau, Drae and Gian. I think we actually cried when Drae was voted off in favor of Ken, Jan, and Miguel. At that moment I decided we had to take things up a notch.

The show’s schedule has since changed to performance night on Sundays and elimination night on Mondays, as well as voting being open only until 12:30am of Monday, but I’ve done my part by sending two votes via SMS each for Pow and Mau then 80 votes for Gian. If you do the Math that’s P5 each for Pow and Mau then P200 for Gian every Sunday night. I figured that his support may not be as strong as that of the two girls so I might as well do my part in keeping good contestants on the show rather than the mediocre ones.

It’s great to know that he didn’t go home this week. In the end, I really have no idea who will claim the title. Pow may have already peaked, Mau has insecurity issues (she really must do away with those side comments), and Gian may not have the fan base. In a country where success is measured more often than not by who you know rather than what skills you have, at least I can sleep on Sunday nights knowing I am doing something to help out a person with potential.

1 Comments:

Blogger nini said...

"a country where success is measured more often than not by who you know rather than what skills you have"

..sad, but often true.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home